**This is a 6 month contract role with potential to extend to 12 months**
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone who often describes themself as both an entrepreneurial self-starter and a team-player. You can tackle a wide variety of initiatives, workstreams, and projects that call for critical thinking, creativity, and proactive communication. You can flow easily from writing code, to troubleshooting issues to assessing and analyzing applications and processes. You’re also results-oriented and enjoy working with others to achieve shared goals. Most importantly, you care about the details and possess a deep affinity for efficiency. You love problem solving and you’re adept at collaborating to find the best solutions.
The connection between a user and their mobile device is unlike any other, and presents an obligation to rethink the way brands and consumers engage. CRAFTSMAN+ is breaking the mold and changing the rules of engagement. We are a global team of top-talent creators and technologists on a mission to develop a suite of tools that anyone can use to enable the highest levels of creativity, interactivity, and efficiency.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest brands, we plan, streamline, optimize and automate the creative process. For more info, check out our website!
CRAFTSMAN+ is adding a versatile API Developer to our growing team of individuals who are passionate and committed in the pursuit of creative excellence and understanding consumer needs. If you are a person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand and are motivated by the responsibilities below, we want to hear from you.
- Analyze, design, develop, code and implement programs in one or more programming languages, primarily Node.js and Python.
- Assess the health and performance of software applications and databases.
- Be involved in the development life cycle and perform definition and feasibility analysis
- Apply the latest software design techniques and contribute to the technical design of new solutions
- Troubleshoot issues and solve problems where needed
- Write maintainable code
- Deliver quality results on time with minimal supervision, collaborating with the team as needed to fix complex problems with quick but effective solutions
Necessary Skills and Experience
- At least 3-5+ years of experience in developing APIs and API principles (REST, GraphQL)
- Database experience with MySQL and Dynamodb
- Big Data experience with AWS big data services (Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Amazon S3, Amazon OpenSearch)
- Experience with normalizing several 3rd data inputs and producing effective output data
- Awareness of Continuous Integration / Unit Testing / BDD / TDD
- Experience with the Serverless framework
- Knowledge of and experience with AWS Services (RDS, S3, Lambda)
- Strive to deliver elegant yet practical code which focuses on solving for the highest priority problems whilst keeping technical debt to a minimum
- Engineering mindset - Logical, methodical, and creative approach to problem solving while keeping in mind the long term, strategic view when building software
- Organized & self-sufficient but collaborative, able to work with colleagues and communicate effectively
- A thorough understanding of the software development life cycle, including but not limited to customer requirements gathering, data modeling, application analysis, development, testing, documentation, system acceptance and post migration validation
- Experience with design and development of REST APIs (using AWS Elasticsearch), and Analytics (using AWS services)
- Proficient in SQL and Stored Procedures such as in Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile processes
Desirable Skills and Experiences
- Proficient with Typescript
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML or similar tools desirable
- Understanding of the full SDLC
- Previous experience of analytics and big data services
- Ability to accurately quote work to a reasonable accuracy
Craftsman+ (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.